Saturday, June 13, 2009

When in Rome...

Be sure to bring water! (and suncreen, a camera, and 8 friends!)



We (Walter, James, Molly, Laura and I) are hanging out at an Internet Cafe, waiting for the rest of the gang to emerge from the Sistine Chapel. We started out touring St. Peters Basilica, (I dont know where the apostrophes are on Italian keyboards!), in two groups. You would have laughed to see us...Ty put Rick Steves audio guide of the Basilica on 2 iPods, and with a splitter, we were able to have four people listen to each iPod. So for about an hour, Walter, Molly, Laura and I shuffled side-by-side, an earbud for each of us, around the building, looking at the ceiling, floors, walls, the famous Pieta (Michaelangelo), etc. After the tour, we waited for Ty, Jenny, M & K to climb the dome (they saw us from the top), made dinner plans, then split up again and went through the museum leading into the Sistine Chapel. Yes, amazing.

Then emerging hot and sweaty, we each got 3 scoops of gelato, and checked our email, and now I need to dash off to meet the group again.

R

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!!!Sounds like a fun day!We just came home from the sawtooth relay in Stanley.We got up at 2 am and drove thier to see my brother and his team compete!!!!!!!!!It was really boring but it was interesting to see everyone else run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep on having fun and thankyou sooooooo much for the postcard it really lifted me up.I love you !!!!!!!!!!! Love Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie! So good to hear from you! How are you? I will tell you about all the sea horses I am seeing in Rome when I get home.

    ReplyDelete